Recipe is for an 8×8 square baking pan
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Kessler’s® Alkalized Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp refined salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pcs medium-size eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 cup glucose syrup
- Chocolate compound – optional
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine butter with sugar, glucose syrup, Kessler’s® Alkalized Cocoa Powder, and salt in a bowl. Make a double boiler or set the bowl in a wide skillet. Stir the mixture until the butter is melted. The mixture will turn into a gritty texture. Remove the mixture from the skillet and allow to cool a bit (warm).
- Add vanilla extract into the mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, while stirring. When properly blended, add flour and mix vigorously using wooden spoon or rubber spatula until well mixed. Spread evenly in a lined pan (8” x 8”).
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or when tested, toothpick is still slightly moist with batter.
- Let it cool in a cooling rack and de-pan.
- Continue cooling until the brownie is ready for cutting.
- Cut into 1 1/2” X 1 1/2”.
- For toppings (optional): Melt any choice of chocolate compound in a double boiler. Top each brownie with the melted chocolate and allow to cool. For variation, design the toppings with drizzle or any sprinkles.