Recipe makes around 1 loaf
- ¾ cup KESSLER’S® Alkalized Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- Zest of 1 orange or about 2 teaspoons
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ c sunflower oil
- Chopped pistachio nuts
- Orange slices
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line the bottom of a 9×3 inch loaf pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, KESSLER’S® Alkalized Cocoa Powder, baking powder and baking soda until evenly mixed. In another bowl, rub sugar and orange zest with your fingers to release the aroma and flavor of the zest. Add eggs and beat vigorously using a wire whisk.
- Add sour cream, orange juice and oil to the sugar and mix well. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour liquid ingredients to it. Gently mix until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some crumbs sticking to it.
- While loaf is baking, make your chocolate -orange ganache. Start by heating cream and orange zest in a small pot over low heat. When hot, whisk in KESSLER’S® Alkalized Cocoa Powder. Continue heating until about to simmer. Strain cream over your bowl of chocolate chips. Discard strained zest. Gently stir chocolate with a wire whisk until smooth. Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly over the chocolate ganache and cool to room temperature before chilling until of spreading consistency.
- To serve, place cooled loaf on a serving tray. Spread chocolate-orange ganache on top of loaf. Garnish with orange slice and chopped pistachio nuts, if desired.